Our promise to you
The Medical Research Foundation has received generous donations from our supporters for over 90 years. Without your support, we would not exist and we could not continue to support life-changing, pioneering medical research. Thank you.
We have always been committed to the very highest standards of fundraising and supporter care. We are committed to the Code of Fundraising Practice to ensure we continue to meet the highest standards possible.
To commit to high standards
- We adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practice.
- We monitor fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds, to ensure that they comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice and with this Promise.
- We comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising.
- We display the Fundraising Regulator badge on our fundraising material to show we are committed to good practice.
We are clear, honest and open
- We tell the truth and we do not exaggerate.
- We do what we say we are going to do with donations we receive.
- We are clear about who we are and what we do.
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and will always offer you the opportunity to change your mind and change your regular gift whenever you wish.
- If we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we will make this relationship and the financial arrangement transparent.
- We keep administration costs to a minimum and are happy to answer any questions you may have in relation to fundraising costs and how they are incurred in the best interests of our cause.
- We ensure our complaints process is clear and easily accessible.
- We provide clear and evidence based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
We are respectful
- We respect your rights and privacy. Your data is safe with us. We take our obligations very seriously and we will never sell your data to third party organisations.
- We will not make any cold calls directly or through any third party companies.
- We do not put undue pressure on you to make a gift. If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we respect your decision.
- Our staff, suppliers and volunteers will adhere to the Institute of Fundraising’s policy on vulnerable people.
- Where the law requires, we will get your consent before we contact you to fundraise.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way, we will not do so.
- We will ensure that we only communicate with you in the way you choose and will not contact you if you do not wish to be contacted in any way.
We are fair and reasonable
- We treat everyone fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs.
- We take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety.
- We take care not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
We are accountable and responsible
- We manage our resources responsibly and consider the impact of our fundraising on our donors, supporters and the wider public.
- We provide information about MRF-funded research work and finances to show you how your money is being spent.
- We will always provide easy ways for you to contact us – our contact details are below and on our website.
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done, we will work with you to resolve all complaints as soon as possible.
- We have a complaints procedure, which is outlined here and available on request.
- If we make a mistake, we will apologise and do everything we can to put things right. However, if we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the Fundraising Regulator to make a final adjudication.
- We will monitor and record the number of complaints we receive each year and share this data with the Fundraising Regulator on request.
Discover more – get in touch:
If you would like to get in touch with us for any reason, please email email@example.com or call us on 020 7395 2268.
If you would like to get in touch about anything related to fundraising, please contact Lisa Robinson, our Head of Fundraising, on:
Phone. 020 7395 2371 (Monday to Friday 9am-5pm)
Post. Medical Research Foundation
c/o MRC, 14th Floor
One Kemble Street
London, WC2B 4AN