Thames Bridges Trek - 11 September 2021
Join our team of trekkers as we venture 25km across the Capital, taking in 16 of London’s bridges and unrivalled views of the skyline from its best vantage points.
Every step you take will raise crucial funds for research into eating disorders and self-harm in adolescents.
Among our team of walkers will be Professor Nick Lemoine, our Chair, and Professor Fiona Watt, Executive Chair of the Medical Research Council (pictured centre & right above).
Professor Watt said: “All donations to the Foundation, of any amount, help them fund more cutting-edge science that will have an impact on people’s lives for decades to come. That’s why I’m walking for this very worthy cause and encouraging my MRC colleagues to do the same.”
- Charity Sponsorship – you pay a small registration fee, fundraising and we cover the cost of your event place! £5 Registration Fee, £245 sponsorship target. SIGN UP FOR CHARTIY SPONSORSHIP BY CLICKING HERE.
- Mixed Funding – pay half of the event place cost yourself, fundraise and we pay a smaller balance of the event place cost. £39.50 Registration Fee, £119 sponsorship target. SIGN UP FOR MIXED FUNDING BY CLICKING HERE.
- Self-Funding – you pay the full cost of the event place - fundraise with no set target or deadline, and there’s no cost at all to the charity! £79 registration fee. SIGN UP FOR SELF-FUNDING BY CLICKING HERE.
Walk with us! If you want to join the team make sure you select the 10:00am-11:00am start time and pick Medical Research Foundation from the team list.
What can I expect on the day?
Setting out from Putney Bridge, the route goes East towards the City, zig-zagging over an array of historic bridges. 25km (15.5 miles) later, there’ll be a finish line celebration in Southwark, past Tower Bridge.
The Medical Research Foundation Team will be with you every step of the way.
- Fully supported 25km Walk
- For Charity or Self Fund
- Fully signed route with arrows
- Join as an Individual or a Team
- Start near Putney Bridge - Fulham
- Tented village & warm up at start
- 10:00am to 12:30pm start times
- Midpoint rest stop
- Free snacks & drinks
- Southwark Park finish
- Medal, T-shirt, Glass of fizz
- Food / meal at finish
For more information get in touch with Jacob at firstname.lastname@example.org